Sunday, May 8, 2011

THE VIRGIN QUEEN.

Not unlike the virgin queen,
Love was lost and future looked barren.
Never again to love another and share the spoils,
Sky fell open and grass no longer green.

So many hearts broken,
No replacement sought.
Carry forth the blood soaked mess,
And tell of a tale of monstrous men.

Above it all convincing yourself of the lack of need,
To allow those that mean to hurt a key.
Paint yourself white and start again,
And find a path that guides you.

So many have passed this way,
And stomped on your damaged goods.
The ones that promised love and respect,
Are the same that came to hate.

No longer in need of your re-assurance,
No longer in need of your love.
I will never give my self so easily,
To the vampires that suck my blood.

Gone are the dreams of loves forgotten,
To a place they all call fate.
Never to return to the palace of wanting,
For this freedom I no longer wait.

I feared a death was fast upon me,
I trembled as I fell to my sleep.
And when I awoke I realised the passing,
Was a person that died with hope.

Mother land I hear you calling,
In a language I already know.
Take me back to my kingdom of knowing,
And forever my life I devote.

Copyright (c) Robyn Whittaker.

No comments: