Thursday, November 30, 2023

Seasons of Bernard



I love my Bernard King and his seasonal cook books. I only had the Winter one for many years until my good friend Jane sourced the four seasons from Ebay and gifted them to me. I display each of his seasonal cookbooks on my cookbook stand as the seasons change. He is a welcoming friendly face I see every day in my kitchen urging me on to gastronomical heights of cooking excellence! 


Bernards linguistic talents when describeing a cooks abilities or lack there of in the kitchen, with is machine gun superlatives, will both inspire and intimidate the best cooks in town. Be warned, those more modern types who find themselves easily triggered may find Bernard's descriptions and use of the old 70s loose speak a bit confronting but maybe they need loosening up so gift one to a friend like this and insist on them reading it front to back cover! 


Note all his recipes end with Bernard which ensured that he is mentioned when anyone asked for the name of the dish being served, which is both Cavalier and a very clever marketing copyright tool. Simply fabulous Bernard King! πŸΎπŸ’ƒ❤️😊🌻

No comments: