Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cedar Grove Dreaming

Camping is so much fun and i have fond memories of going out into the wild when i was younger in the scouts and cubs as a boy. Over the years i would often find my self daydreaming about the wonderful innocent fun i had pitching a tent and sitting by a fire and just losing myself in the beauty of our gorgeous Australian rainforrests and bushland. The sounds of the wild, song birds and spotting posssums at night and any wild life we were lucky enough to witness. Soon after making my transition i met a guy who was in the army and we got engaged and around that time he took me out camping to a place called rocksberge near kingaroy. This was the first time i had gone camping since my earlier years and apart from a sureal camping adventure with a lesbian friend of mine to noosa after the 2000 madri gras ( that's a whole other story let me tell you) i never pitched a tent again until this year. Gus came into my life late last year and finally after asking many people to accompany me i found someone who realised just how much i needed this natural escape. I will always thank him for packing me and my camping gear up ( i had been collecting and storing for the last 5 yrs) and taking me to three different campgrounds in and around the great south east. This video is of our second camp at a place called Cedar Grove and i am truely grateful for an experience i will never forget. It was so much fun and the memory will never leave me. We lived for 4 days with nature and hiked and sat each night by the most beautiful open fires, eating "restaurant quality" lol.. candle lit dinners with the rainforrest and the bush as our back drop and i am eternally grateful, thank you Gus. Love you long time! xxx

1 comment:

Travis said...

Your video makes me want to go camping..... which is twisted, cos you know I couldn't survive without hot showers, plumbed toilets and my hair straightener.

But in theory, it makes me want to go camping.